Why are wooden toys the trend of the last decade?
A clear trend in recent years: the popularity of environmentally friendly and natural products. This trend is also current for children's toys. That can look strange at first glance. In an age of diverse multimedia entertainment, gadgets, and video games, it looks unusual to choose the traditional wooden educational toys that were popular long before plastic was invented.
Because selection of toys for children rests on parents' shoulders, it is important to understand the benefits of wooden educational toys. Where does the interest in it come from and is it justified?
In our opinion, the child's physical health is the first and foremost reason to choose wooden toys for children. Many toys on the market are made from synthetic materials with various additives. Of course, all children's toys are subjected to strict quality control. The more components there are in the composition, the higher the risk of allergies. That is why parents try to get their child natural and hypoallergenic things.
Wooden toys are also completely harmless for babies from birth and have a scent that smells of forest. They are practical: such toys never run out of battery and are difficult to break. They feel comfortable and always warm because they take on the temperature of a child's hands, so that the child wants to spend more time with them. Such toys are durable, look like new for a long time, and can be passed on from generation to generation as family history.
In this article, we look at the main advantages of wooden toys in terms of child development .
- Wooden toys develop social skills. They don't make any noise and it encourages children to describe the play and build their communication skills.
- Such toys encourage the child's thinking and attention, unlike high-tech toys, which put a strain on the sensitive nervous system and have a strong emotional effect on it.
- Different types of wooden toys have a positive effect on your child's sensorimotor development. Wood is a special material and every touch evokes a whole range of emotions. In contrast to plastic, which always feels the same, wood has an individual texture.
Modern processing technologies make it possible to level out unevenness in wood so that the toy is as smooth and child-safe as possible, while the special properties of surfaces are retained. With wooden puzzles, cubes and pyramids, the baby improves his balance and fine motor skills while touching warm and pleasant surfaces.
- Building blocks, sorters and balance toys made of wood , which have different levels of difficulty, develop the child's spatial thinking.
- Wooden toys for children have different visual properties that contribute to the development of visual perception and creativity. Most wooden figures are simple and minimalist, have no unnecessary details, and look very realistic.
- In addition, the smell of wood has a positive effect on the well-being and mood of the baby. For example, birch and oak are sources of valuable essential oils that improve lung function. Spruce releases phytoncides, an infection-resistant substance.
Wooden mobiles and rattles will become the perfect first toys for your baby from birth.
For a 2 to 3 year old child, you can buy a lacing toy with lots of holes and bits and pieces to develop thinking and sensory coordination.
For the development of logic, a wooden balancer is perfect, which can be collected in different ways, and with it the child can experiment and have a lot of fun.
Wooden puzzles, building blocks and puzzle games are suitable for children from three years of age.
Choose natural wooden toys for your child and take care of their health and harmonious development from the first days of life!